Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Alumni Awards
From health research and innovation to serving the Faculty of Medicine community, our alumni make an impact with their leadership, discoveries and commitment both in Canada and across the globe.
The nomination period for the 2016 alumni awards is now closed. If you have any questions about the awards, please contact Morgan Tilley-Woo, Alumni Relations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (416) 978-3588.
Help us recognize our outstanding alumni and share their achievements with the Faculty of Medicine community. Nominate an alumnus/a today for one of the following awards:
Rising Star Award
This award is presented to an alumnus/a who has graduated in the past 15 years in recognition of his/her outstanding service to the Faculty, their local medical/healthcare community, or a scientific or academic achievement. The recipient can receive this award for one specific achievement or for a body of work.
Alumni Volunteerism Award
This award honors alumni who have provided extraordinary volunteer service, demonstrating leadership through local or global work. Recipients have enriched the lives of others through their generous gifts of time and talent and through their involvement with the Faculty of Medicine or through civic, charitable and social causes beyond the scope of their clinical or academic appointments.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes alumni whose outstanding career achievements have earned them national or international prominence. These contributions can encompass leadership, research, teaching, clinical care, administration or public service. The recipient will have demonstrated the highest level of professionalism and serves as a role model for current and future health care professionals.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Individuals who hold a degree or certificate from the Faculty of Medicine are eligible for consideration (including former residents and fellows).
- Nominations may be submitted by any individual, independently or on behalf of a group or institution.
- Nominees can only nominated for one award per year (e.g. you cannot nominate an alumnus/a for both the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Volunteer Award)
- Nominators can only coordinate one nomination per year
Please be sure to include with your submission:
- A letter of nomination (approximately 250 words) highlighting the nominee's achievements, and explaining why the nominee should receive the award.
- A complete and current copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae
- An additional letter of support from an individual familiar with the nominee's work (this person is different from the nominator)
- Optional: Supporting documents (maximum two) that convey the importance of the nominee’s work. These can include notices and reviews, sample publications, media coverage, abstracts, etc.
Please note that all nominations will be in consideration for three years.
If you would like to submit a hard copy nomination or have any questions about the online form, please contact Morgan Tilley-Woo, Alumni Relations Officer, at email@example.com or at (416) 978-3588.
Please click on the recipient's name to view their profile video.
Lifetime Achievement Award: