Group on Business Affairs
Inclusiveness → Growth → ONE VOICE !!!
Mandate and Objectives:
- To support the mission and goals of the Faculty of Medicine and University of Toronto.
- To provide a forum for effective communication and information-sharing on business issues among the GBA Members of the Faculty of Medicine.
- To facilitate the development and strengthening of business networks and relationships within the GBA, Faculty of Medicine and the broader University community.
- To provide the impetus and organization for implementing change improvements in the faculty’s business and administrative processes.
- To support and advocate for the needs of Business Officers in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities, providing a forum for solving and addressing common problems and concerns.
- To review the administrative implications of Faculty and University proposals, providing advice, commentary, recommendations and raising new issues.
- To review and make recommendations on current issues and bring forward new issues.
Membership shall, in most cases, consist of one staff member, fulfilling the primary business functions of the unit, from each of the Faculty’s departments or units as well as the Senior Officers of the Faculty of Medicine and members of their staff. All GBA members may attend GBA meetings and participate fully in GBA activities. All GBA members may invite staff from their units to attend meetings for which the agenda is relevant and appropriate to their work. A complete and up to date list of all GBA members shall be maintained by the GBA Chair.
Katrina Soh is the Business Manager of the Department of Molecular Genetics at the University of Toronto. Her role involves budget and planning, human resources, space and office management. She began her career at UofT as a maternity leave replacement in the Department of Physical Therapy in December 2001.
Katrina is strongly service oriented and the quality of her work serves well within the Department and throughout the Faculty of Medicine. She was one of the recipients of the 2005/2006 University of Toronto Stepping Up Merit Award. In her free time, Katrina enjoys travelling, reading, hanging out with friends for a cup of cappuccino.
Since December 2001, Katrina has been a GBA member and is one of the founding members of the GBA FM&SP (Facilities Management & Space Planning) sub-committee when it established in 2007. She also sits on the GBA Executive Committee as member at large in 2010-11 and 2011-12. Her passion leads her to run for the 2012-2014 GBA Chair (co-Chair with Nancy Fortin). Their mission is to bring the value of networking, professional development and operational best practices to all GBA members.
Over the last 20 years, Nancy Fortin has held various positions in numerous departments and Faculties at the university. In her current role as Business Manager for the Division of Teaching Laboratories, Nancy oversees all finance, human resources, operations, office and facilities management, and technology in support of the Division’s mission.
Throughout the years, Nancy has dedicated time to forging and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders both across and outside the university. Problem-solving, empathy, achiever, understanding and input are Nancy’s main strengths you will observe when working alongside her. One of Nancy’s passions is striving to become a better person every day in both her personal and professional life.
Since joining the Faculty of Medicine in 2004, Nancy has sat on two Retreat Working Groups (2007&2008) and on the GBA Finance Sub-Committee. When the opportunity arose in April of 2011 to run alongside her esteemed colleague Katrina Soh to Co-Chair the next GBA for the 2012-2014 two-year term, she did not hesitate to accept this latest challenge to continue growing within this amazing faculty.
2003 and forward
- Horatio Bot (2003 – 2006)
- Wendy Kubasik & Paula Smellie (2006 – 2008)
- Wendy Kubasik (2008 – 2010)
- Paula Smellie & Heather Droulliard (2010 – 2012)
Prior to 2003
- Connie Drummond
- Maureen Todd
- Ursula Cattelan
We encourage you to visit GBA portal for more information such as monthly meeting presentation, pictures...etc.
For access, please email email@example.com.